30 March 2011

My Thoughts On The Crisis In Japan - March 30th, 2011

I heard about the Japan earthquake and tsunami about 2 hours after it happened. I was in complete shock and devastated. Japan is a heavily populated area, especially considering the land size of the country. I love Japanese people and culture. In fact, my step father and step brothers are Japanese and I love them dearly.

I have read many news articles and watched videos of desperate people in Japan. I have seen some videos on Youtube of people in Japan who have been told they are not to drink the tap water, or even take a shower. That is really scary because you can't even cook any foods with water. People are saying they are getting constant nose bleeds, meaning they are probably already poisoned with radiation. Food is contaminated there as well. Japanese people who already have passports are fleeing the country, and I don't blame them. I would do the same thing. But what about those who don't have passports or the means of leaving Japan? Our news and media are not telling us what is REALLY happening over there. The situation, particularly the radiation situation, far worse than what we are being told. It's hysteria over there. The media says that only 11,000 people were killed in the tsunami/quake when the numbers are really much higher than that. You can find videos on youtube of people who are in Japan right now, saying that their news says things quite different than what our news is saying.

I have a few questions though. Is their government finally going to admit to the Japanese people that they messed up and EVERYONE in Japan needs to leave? Is our government going to have to help evacuate these people? Where can these people go to detox and get the radiation out of their bodies? Would our citizens willingly accept all of Japan into our country?


I wish there was an easy solution. I do pray that people have learned that nuclear power is not needed. Clean power needs to be created and we should  be investing a MAJORITY of our money in that, instead of wars, instead of "natural" gas, (which is contaminating tap water here in the US already, I learned this from watching Gasland from netflix), instead of developing genetically modified foods, instead of developing more hazardous vaccines. Technology does move fast, but right now the development for CLEAN, truly clean, energy is needed. We can not rely on fossil fuels, "natural" gas and nuclear power any longer. There has to be a better way. Money needs to be spend a MAJORITY on sustainability. Sustainability is the only thing that will keep our entire world out of crisis. Going back to our roots. Gardens in every back yard and front yard. No more use of pesticides on food or chemicals in the home. I've seriously considered going to live with the Amish, because when the economy collapses they will be the ones we will look to for skills in staying alive and thriving.

Anyway, I think you get the point. I am done with my "rant/opinion" post. I rarely post things like this, because I like to keep my blog very positive, but I hope my "rant" has given you some things to think about.
I hope everyone continues to donate money to Japan, particularly, for bottled water and food. I pray that everyone in Japan is protected from radiation poisoning as much as possible.

Peace, Love, Wealth
Kimra Diggs
The Progressive Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment