16 December 2010

The 4th Charity Of Christmas - Our Lady's Inn - Helping Pregnant Moms

With a mission to provide "pregnant women and their children shelter and hope for a new life through humble acts of love" you know they are following their passion; helping women, children and babies. Our Lady's Inn is a true labor of love. They have been providing emergency shelter to pregnant women in crisis and helping them to choose life for their unborn children since 1982. Our Lady's Inn is a safe refuge where single pregnant women can learn how to care for herself and her unborn baby. At Our Lady's Inn the pregnant women take classes for childbirth, parenting skills, organization and budgeting money. Our Lady's Inn is helping young pregnant women have a true alternative to abortion by teaching them how they can care for themselves and their unborn baby. 

I believe their needs to be more women's shelters that are like this so that women can go through pregnancy with dignity and be able to live on their own and start their new family on the right foot. Women at Our Lady's Inn spend most a lot of time in classed aimed at improving their financial, educational, employment, health, mental health, parenting, interpersonal, communication skills, spiritual, housing and other personal and family situations. Stress management and exercise are also taught while at the shelter.


A Thank You from a Former Our Lady's Inn Resident:
"For me, Our Lady's Inn was home for several months. My beautiful little girl was born healthy; she weighed almost eight pounds! If it weren't for Our Lady's Inn, this precious little girl would probably not be alive or she would have been born very sick and addicted...

I am a recovering heroin addict and Our Lady's Inn gave me a stable environment where I was able to stay clean and take car eof myself during my pregnancy. I learned to eat right and take my prenatal vitamins and to stay focused on the health of my baby, rather than getting high. When my family learned that I was pregnant, they kicked me out of the house, but told me I could move back in with them if I would abort my pregnancy. They even offered to go with me and pay for an abortion. I had no place to go, so I stayed in a house where drugs were being used and sold out of, until one day I was told about Our Lady's Inn. So, I called Our Lady's Inn and they helped me get into drug treatment. When I completed the drug recovery program, there was a room waiting for me at Our Lady's Inn.

And, now, here I am, months later, clean, healthy with an absolutely perfect baby girl. Also, during the time I stayed at Our Lady's Inn, God miraculously healed the relationship between me and my family and now my family adores the baby they, at one time, didn't want me to have. Our Lady's Inn saves lives everyday. Its doors are open through the financial support of generous people, like yourselves, who believe in the mission of Our Lady's Inn enough to help. I can't express how grateful I am to hold my beautiful baby in my arms and thank God for His gift of life!"

--Margie*, 2008


Peace, Love, Wealth
Kimra Diggs
The Progressive Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment