23 December 2010

The 11th Charity Of Christmas - Free The Children - Children Helping Children

Today as I sat down to write a blog I decided to visit a forum group that I am a part of. I came across Free The Children from a post I was reading in the forum. I watched one video on their website and I became extremely excited about this organization and I want to do everything I can to support and promote them.I am very grateful to be writing about an organization like this. My heart belongs to children's rights and I'm so grateful that people are doing lots of make a big positive difference in the lives of children around the world.

Free The Children was founded in 1995 by a 12 year-old boy named Craig Kielburger. He was inspired to help children after he ran across a newspaper article about a horrible story of child labor. Now, Free The Children is the largest children helping children through education non-profit organization in the world. More than one million youth involved in our innovative education and development programs in 45 countries.15 years later, Craig Kielburger is now a published author of a book called "The World Needs Your Kid", which is about raising children who are compassionate about the world. Free The Children even won the World's Children's Prize For Rights Of The Child.

Free The Children's mission: "The primary goals of the organization are to free children from poverty and exploitation and free young people from the notion that they are powerless to affect positive change in the world. Through domestic empowerment programs and leadership training, Free The Children inspires young people to develop as socially conscious global citizens and become agents of change for their peers around the world."
You know someone is really making a huge impact on the world when 
His Holiness the Dalai Lama speaks at your youth-empowerment event.
Here are some wonderful videos I found about Craig Kielburger and Free The Children.



I urge you to support Free The Children by donations or getting involved with these awesome ideas.
Peace, Love, Wealth
Kimra Diggs
The Progressive Mama

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post on Free The Children! I'm so excited that My daugter helped get you in touch with this wonderful organization! What i love about Free the Children is that it's isn't just a charity for children half way across the world, it's a resource to help our children stand up and say "NO MORE!" to help them find what is rightfully thiers, A Voice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it's wonderful what your daughter is doing and I hope you continue to support Free The Children as much as possible.
    Peace, Love, Wealth
    Kimra Diggs

    ReplyDelete